Decision Time

Now it’s decision time.  And what sucks about this is that DH is in NYC.  He went on his annual jaunt to the Bea.con Theatre to see the All.man Bros.  It’s not that he’d really have a very strong opinion either way, but at least it would be someone to help with the pros and cons.  I was with my best friend today and sort of explained it to her, but she doesn’t understand the process.  The nurse called me when we were in her minivan on the way to the store with 3 of her 4 kids in the car.  I was trying to make my responses to the nurse not sound like anything the kids would question.  Not the time you wan to feel stressed.  So, here’s the deal:

Lining still 7.3 and trilaminar, E2=396, LH=9, P4<0.2 (so, no ovulation) 

The nurse that did the US today told me that it looked like my ovary was quiet.  She didn’t see any follicles.  The one two days ago said there were some but they were small.  The one two days before that measured a 16×9 follicle.  How does this happen?

Anyway, I’ve got to decide if we are going to move forward.  As it stands now, my FET would be next Friday.  I can’t try and push it out and get another check on Monday (to see if the lining gets better) because they don’t do “unnecessary” transfers on the weekends.  I assume that means they only do fresh cycle transfers.  So, that would mean I’d have to wait until next Wed for my next US check and start P4 on Thur.  The nurse told me today that that would be too long to chance it.    She said it’s really now or bust.

We talked a bit about my lining.  She told me that my RE (some of you know it’s Dr. S) that his notes said I could go forward.  She thinks he wouldn’t say that if he thought my chances weren’t good with this prep.   I can’t help but think that he was going to OK me to move forward with a 6-7 lining, although trilaminar.   She said my lining may only get this thick.

My current thinking is that I’m going to scour the internet tonight, when I get back from dinner and cards with my Ma, and then sleep on it and decide tomorrow early morning.  I’d need to start End.ometrin tomorrow.    I am thinking that I could transfer my untested one right now and save the two normals.    Not to already write it off (sorry little emby), but the untested one has a poor fertilization history.  They didn’t witness fertilization on it the first day, it was a 4-cell by day 3, but then it got itself together and became a 3BA (I think) by day 6.  The embryologist thinks it’s likely to be abnormal because it has that history, but they obviously can’t say for sure.  But, I’m transferring it regardless, now or later. 

Why can’t anything be easy.   I know that my issues right now are minor compared to the death and destruction in J.apa.n, but as most of us IFers know, it’s hard to not think of yourself in these times.   Sigh. 

It’s decision time.   Pencils down.

Advertisements

6 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. R
    Mar 12, 2011 @ 18:33:45

    No opinions…just thinking of you and know that whatever decision you make, will be the right one for you.

    Reply

  2. Patience
    Mar 12, 2011 @ 19:52:55

    Ugh… I am so sorry. I don’t have any opinions on it… wish I could point you in some direction, but I simply don’t have any knowledge. I hate that you are in this limbo land trying to make a decision yet again. I hope you are able to find some information to point you in one way or another. Know that you will make the RIGHT decision for YOU no matter what it is! Hugs to you, my friend!

    Reply

  3. flygirl
    Mar 12, 2011 @ 19:53:58

    Daisysmom, how exciting that your body started to get on the bandwagon and cooperate! If you transfer on Friday, we’d be cycle-buddy twins! Maybe both coincidences are sign from a higher power? ;o)

    I have another online friend that did a transfer that several doctors said would never work and she is now well into her second trimester – so you never can tell.

    When I was thinking about asking if I could push my cycle up by a week, I was wondering in the back of my mind if I was pushing things and my body wouldn’t be ready. Then I thought to myself that if Dr. S didn’t think I’d be ready, he never would have agreed to it…so I agree with your comment about his notes and moving forward.

    IMHO, I say go for it! Keep us posted…I’ll be reading.

    Reply

  4. Anonymous
    Mar 12, 2011 @ 22:34:25

    Me too…go for it! All my best…

    Reply

  5. MyTwoLines
    Mar 12, 2011 @ 22:51:29

    I think that all sounds pretty good, actually. Triple stripe and over 7 mm…seems pretty good to me….but I know how hard it is to make this kind of a decision! Thinking of you and sending you huge hugs!!

    Reply

  6. soulshine
    Mar 13, 2011 @ 07:18:54

    well, the physical circumstances sound pretty darn good. and despite your embryo’s checkered past, it also looks pretty darn good too. i’d do it! give them both a shot, see what they can do- easy for me to say, and i know at this point its tough to summon the reserves for any kind of enthusiasm, but really, the uterus and embryo look like they could make a match.

    i’m thinking of you- sorry your husband was mia for this, and that you got that call in your friend’s van! let us know what you decide?

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: